Home > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. What is UEN?
  2. UEN is like the NRIC number of your entity.

    From 1 January 2009, all entities such as businesses, companies and societies that operate in Singapore can interact with government agencies using a single Unique Entity Number (UEN). These government agencies include Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB), Housing Development Board (HDB), Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), Land Transport Authority (LTA), Ministry of Manpower (MOM), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Singapore Customs (SC), SPR.ING

  3. How does UEN benefit you?
  4. Your UEN is your one number to convenient interactions with government agencies. Whether it is paying Central Provident Fund contributions for your employees or filing your corporate tax returns, UEN is all that you need. You no longer need to use different numbers to interact with different government agencies.

  5. How does UEN work for you?
  6. From 1 January 2009, the existing identification numbers issued to you by various government agencies will be replaced by UEN. Some of the commonly used numbers include:

    • Employer Reference Number (issued by CPFB)

    • Tax Reference Number (issued by IRAS)

    • Central Registration Number (issued by Department of Statistics)

    If you are using these numbers to identify your customers in your systems, you might want to update your database of customers with their UEN.

    If you are required by law to display any of the identification numbers in your corporate letterhead, you should replace these numbers with your UEN at your next stationery print.